b9host does anything legal & possible, though there are a few things we don’t or try not to do, or only do with explicit legal permission & indemnification.
For things we don’t do for legal & ethical reasons, please refer to our Zero Tolerance Policy section.
There are some other limitations on b9host services, here is that list:
- Tasks that require us to manually take raw credit card information from you
- Explanation: We value your privacy, and as a result, we’ve put a lot of effort into building a secure payment infrastructure to prevent credit card fraud and mishandling of your raw credit card information. This infrastructure relies on bank-level security, and industry-leading solutions to offer a realtime card masking and payment pass-through service. As a result, to keep your information safe, we try our best not do requests that require you to hand us your raw credit card information.
- However, we can do these things, but require your explicit informed consent and signing of a waiver so that you understand the risks associated. If you’d like this waiver, please contact your account manager at any time.
- Tasks that require your, your employees’, or your clients’ social security numbers (SSN)
- We do not do any tasks that would require us to receive your social security number
- There are no exceptions here.
- Research tasks that require a skilled professional in a sensitive field
- Explanation: While b9host usually conducts research internally, due to the complex nature of tasks such that involves specialized knowledge, e.g. legal, tax, medical, insurance, engineering, human resources, legal compliance, investing, etc. and the associated potential implications of incorrect information, we will always recommend the forwarding of these tasks to a skilled partner who specializes in these areas, unless you legally assert the implications of potentially incorrect information are none, and in order to fulfill these internally, require your explicit informed consent and signing of an indemnification waiver so you understand the risks associated. Please contact your account manager at any time if you’d like a copy of this waiver.
- Tasks that require a high degree of specialization
- Explanation: Tasks including but not limited to “code an app”, “write a contract”, “do my taxes”, “help me diagnose this DNS error” are usually things we do not do, particularly tasks pertaining to (but not limited to): legal, tax, audit, legal compliance, software engineering, highly technical helpdesk, medical.
- In these cases, your assistant will either let you know that b9host cannot handle this task, or that b9host can find one of ourt partners to handle this task, when leveraging partners to execute high-skill work, there is usually an hourly billable rate, or project rate that your assistant may quote you with, however, please note, we cannot control the pricing of our partners, and are not bound by pricing estimates. Please refer to b9host Terms of Service for more information.
- In some cases, b9host has pre-arranged assistants with specific skillsets for a particular client need, e.g. an assistant that also duals as an engineer, remote-helpdesk employee, or paralegal. However, these services are outside the scope of the usual b9host subscription, and require pre-arrangement with our sales team, you can contact our sales team here.